Read what our customers have to say about us
Why choose SFG20 Maintenance Software?
SFG20 is the UK’s industry standard for building maintenance specifications. We’ve created a digitised, mobile-friendly library that consists of over 2000 maintenance schedules that are dynamically updated to comply with changes in relevant legislation and regulation. Our extensive library of schedules covers all the most commonly found assets within buildings. Our customers can then select additional specialist content, including that which covers commercial catering equipment maintenance, allowing them to tailor their package to their unique situation. In this way, SFG20 can support an integrated facilities management approach, whereby a facility has a complete view of all required maintenance and work tasks. This helps to deliver structure and agility, as events become planned, known, and visible on a maintenance schedule.
FAQs About SFG20’s Commercial Catering & Kitchen Maintenance
Why do I need catering equipment maintenance schedules?
- SFG20 Commercial catering equipment maintenance schedules provide you with clear and easy to follow instructions, so that you can ensure that your equipment is properly maintained and is compliant with all legislation and safety regulations.
- Whether you’re outsourcing your facilities management or running it in-house, SFG20 catering equipment maintenance schedules provide you with everything you need to know
- See the full list of catering schedules
What assets and equipment are included within the catering set of schedules?
This set primarily covers commercial kitchens i.e., large kitchens installed in restaurants, educational facilities etc. However, it also covers domestic-sized equipment such as coffee machines and water coolers, which may be found in facilities such as an office building.
What are some of the most common problems with commercial catering equipment?
Commercial catering equipment plays a crucial role in the foodservice industry. However, like any other equipment, it is susceptible to operating issues that can hamper the quality of service and customer satisfaction. Some of the most common problems with commercial catering equipment include breakdowns, poor performance, hygiene issues, improper installation, and incorrect usage. Regular maintenance and inspections can help mitigate these problems and ensure the longevity of the equipment.
How can I extend the life of my catering equipment?
Commercial catering equipment is a significant investment that requires proper care to prolong its lifespan and ensure its efficient operation. Here are some tips on how you can extend the life of your catering equipment:
- Regular Cleaning: Regular cleaning is essential to prevent the build-up of grease, dirt, and debris that can cause equipment damage, reduce energy efficiency, and create safety hazards.
- Scheduled Maintenance: Regular maintenance is necessary to keep your equipment functioning at its best. SFG20 provide planned preventative maintenance schedules to keep your catering equipment in top condition and identify issues before they lead to equipment breakdowns.
- Training Your Staff: Thoroughly trained personnel can help care for the equipment and ensure proper usage and maintenance. SFG20 provide training resources and support to ensure that your staff understands how to use SFG20 content effectively.
- Equipment Upgrades: Equipment upgrades can extend the lifespan of your catering equipment and provide improved efficiency and effectiveness.
What are the most common issues that can arise with commercial catering equipment?
The most common issues that can arise with commercial catering equipment include power supply problems, thermostat and control malfunctions, blockages in gas burners and vent hoods, and refrigeration system failures. These issues can lead to energy inefficiency, decreased performance, equipment breakdowns, and potential health and safety hazards.
How can I troubleshoot common problems with my commercial catering equipment?
To troubleshoot common problems with commercial catering equipment, start by checking for power supply issues, inspecting the thermostat and controls, and cleaning equipment such as gas burners and vent hoods. Refer to the equipment manual for specific troubleshooting steps and always consult a qualified technician if unsure about any repairs or maintenance procedures. Regular preventative maintenance checks can also help prevent common problems from occurring in the first place.
What are some best practices for maintaining commercial catering equipment to extend its lifespan?
Some best practices for maintaining commercial catering equipment to extend its lifespan include following the applicable SFG20 maintenance schedule, performing daily cleaning and maintenance tasks, training staff on proper equipment use and maintenance, and promptly addressing any issues that arise. Additionally, investing in good quality equipment can also help ensure longevity.
What is the cost of regular maintenance for commercial catering equipment, and is it worth the investment?
The cost of regular maintenance for commercial catering equipment can vary depending on the amount and type of equipment and the scope of work required. However, investing in regular maintenance is often worth the cost as it can increase the lifespan of the equipment, improve performance, and reduce the risk of breakdowns and safety hazards.