Book your Free Demo to view our Building Fabric schedules
Don't get caught out by the Building Safety Act !
SFG20 have created a checklist that will help you prepare for the Building Safety Act, which marks the biggest change to construction and operation of buildings in our working lives.
Read what our customers have to say about us
"SFG20 helps us provide clarity, become more efficient, reduce wastage and increased confidence from a clients perspective. We have been able to standardise our tasks across the business and across multiple service areas to prevent differences in service delivery and compliant risks."
Why choose SFG20 Maintenance Software?
SFG20 is the UK’s industry standard for building maintenance specifications. We’ve created a digitised, mobile-friendly library that consists of over 2000 maintenance schedules that are dynamically updated to comply with changes in relevant legislation and regulation. Our extensive library of schedules covers all the most commonly found assets within buildings. Our customers can then select additional specialist content, including that which covers commercial catering equipment maintenance, allowing them to tailor their package to their unique situation. In this way, SFG20 can support an integrated facilities management approach, whereby a facility has a complete view of all required maintenance and work tasks. This helps to deliver structure and agility, as events become planned, known, and visible on a maintenance schedule.
FAQs About SGF20’s Building Fabric schedules
This set covers the internal and external aspects of a building, and the building itself, including walls, floors and ceilings and their finishes. You will find maintenance schedules that detail the maintenance requirements for gates, barriers, fences, roofs, windows, roof lights and doors and associated mechanisms. External aspects of the building, such as drainage, guttering and balancing ponds are also included.
Effective building fabric maintenance is crucial to ensure that your building lasts its intended lifespan while keeping the occupants safe and comfortable. Here are some of the most common types of building fabric maintenance problems:
- Water Leaks: Water leaks are a common problem in buildings and can cause significant damage to the building fabric, including mould growth, rotting, and structural damage.
- Poor Insulation: Poor insulation can lead to drafts, energy inefficiency, and increased heating and cooling costs.
- Cracks in Walls and Foundation: Cracks in walls and foundations can affect the integrity of the building structure, lead to moisture penetration and mould growth, and compromise the safety of occupants.
- Degradation and Deterioration: Over time, building components can degrade and deteriorate, reducing their effectiveness and durability.
Maintaining your building fabric is critical to ensure the longevity of your building while maintaining the comfort and safety of building occupants. Here are some tips on how to effectively maintain your building fabric:
- Regular Inspections: Regular inspections of the building fabric can help identify and remedy any issues that may arise. This will help prevent major repairs and costly replacements in the future.
- Cleaning: Clean the external walls, windows, roofs, and gutters to ensure they are free from dirt, mould, and other contaminants. This will help maintain the appearance of the building and prevent long-term damage.
- Repairs: Repairs should be made as soon as any issues are identified to prevent further damage or deterioration of the building fabric. This will save you money in the long run and enhance the life of the building fabric.
- Protection: Applying protective treatments such as weatherproofing and waterproofing will help improve the durability and longevity of your building fabric.
- Replacement: When building fabric components reach the end of their useful life, it is important to replace them promptly to prevent further damage or safety hazards.
What to expect from an SFG20 demonstration
- To meet a friendly, professional product expert
- To have a tailored demonstration focusing on the functionality that will benefit you the most
- To spend approximately 30 minutes with a team member and learn how SFG20 can solve your specific challenges
What NOT to expect:
- No hard sell!
- No monologues!
- No lengthy product demonstration!